Saturday, March 3, 2012

Alien Perspective

February was a leap month this year; so appropriately, I lept over it...

Sometimes I look at the world from what I like to call an “alien perspective.” Alien as in ET. I like to think that I am from another solar system, not from Earth, and have no association with Earth, and that I am looking upon her for the first time ever.

When I consider this perspective, I feel as though I understand Earth and humanity more holistically. I like to think about the cars on the road. While viewing from an alien perspective, I do not look at the cars as separate entities. Instead, I look upon all of the cars as one organism that flows, has estuaries and tributaries - like rivers or blood veins - where parts of the flow enter and leave the main flow of what we here on Earth call “traffic.” I may notice a different ease of flow in the liquid like matter depending on where on Earth I look, but most likely I would not recognize each car as separate from the mass of cars that travels together.

Furthermore, if there were an accident on the road, it would create a blockage and the rest of the flow of liquid like matter would be affected by that blockage. I would see some type of what looks like cells rushing to the scene of the blockage to take care of the situation, eliminate and remove the problem cells so that the flow could continue smoothly, uninterrupted and undisturbed - similar to how our very own cells work in our bodies.

So then, I had an epiphany just the other day, if you take this alien perspective, apply it to humanity and as view humanity over time, one might notice that all together we look something like an amoeba. Think about it. We are amorphous as one; we are fluid-like in how we move in relation to one another. From the alien perspective, you might consider each individual human as a cell within the larger, amoeba like, human body (humanity). When we consider this, we then see a whole new animal. An animal called humanity that reproduces and grows exponentially like a multi-celled organism. An animal that has both male and female parts contained within it and reproduces with itself in order to perpetuate itself; an animal that is A-sexual. An animal that consumes vast amounts of natural resources as it grows. An animal that is evolving most rapidly.

At our current state of being, I can only hope that we are like that caterpillar on our way to becoming a beautiful butterfly. We consume all that we can and grow as large as we can only to have our very existence threatened by our conditioned behavior to consume all we can in order to survive.

I am ready to become a chrysalis. Are you? When shall we build our cocoon? Or have we already started?

No comments:

Post a Comment